The Tan Man

The Tan Man

Welcome to Thankful 4 Tanner

Hello all! And thank you for visiting our blog about our family and precious baby Tanner. Here you will always find up to date information about Tanner. I know sometimes it's hard to get ahold of us when you are wondering how Tanner is doing. So here we will post information we recieve at his doctor's appointments. We will always post Tanner's biweekly weight checks and overall growth. We'll post all of his accomplishments that seem to be coming daily. He's always trying something new. Thanks again for visiting and caring about our precious gift from God.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The low down


Ok, so there are not any doctor appointments for Tanner today. So, I thought I would make our second post a little "catch up" of what's going on with Tanner right now so that the progress he makes is apparent in my future posts.
Tanner turned 6 months old today and is 10lbs 11oz, 23.5 inches long. He's eating about 5 ounces of Neosure every 4 hours. We started giving him rice cereal right before he caught a cold but we held back to make sure that he ate the "important stuff". Now we're going to get back to trying it out again. Tanner has play time a few times a day. He doesn't enjoy being on his tummy so he'll roll to his back in both directions. Sometimes he uses his feet and scoots himself. He loves playing on his play mat that has hanging jungle animals above him. He just coos and goes nuts under there. Sometimes he grabs ahold of the animals he can reach with his hands but I think his favorite is kicking the parrot with his feet. He just gets such a kick out of it. Tanner LOVES bath time. I have to scoot him back up the bath sling (sits inside a larger baby tub) about every 20 seconds cause he kicks and splashes so much that he slides down. Tanner makes great eye contact and smiles at us more times a day than I can count. He gets especially excited when he hears daddy's voice(like when he gets home from work). It's adorable! Tanner has occupational therapy through early intervention here at the house. His OT, Sonny, brought a check list and Tanner is right up to speed with his motor skills. He has great head control. Tanner has been doing wonderful! The only "down" that he 's had were some partial seizures that consisted of some rapid eye blinking. He was hospitalized at CHOP for 2 days and put on some meds to control them which I'm now being told to ween him from. BUT......we have not seen any blinking since:) So, I think I've updated most of what's going on. Tanner's swinging right now and smiling huge so I took a cute picture....I'll try to post it with this blog but I'm new at this so no promises.

2 comments:

mimi said...

Tanner

I just told mommy that I was going to come and see you tomorrow or Thursday. After seeing the new picture that mommy posted, there is no way Mimi can wait till Thursday to see you. I will be there to see your smiling face tomorrow.

Love
Mimi

Anna said...

Hi there,
Just wanted to post and say I am another WHS Mum from Australia. I have a 7 and 1/2 year old son Ryley. I hope you don't mind me following your blog! We have one too which you click on through my profile.
Look forward to reading about your beautiful Tanner x