The Tan Man

The Tan Man

Welcome to Thankful 4 Tanner

Hello all! And thank you for visiting our blog about our family and precious baby Tanner. Here you will always find up to date information about Tanner. I know sometimes it's hard to get ahold of us when you are wondering how Tanner is doing. So here we will post information we recieve at his doctor's appointments. We will always post Tanner's biweekly weight checks and overall growth. We'll post all of his accomplishments that seem to be coming daily. He's always trying something new. Thanks again for visiting and caring about our precious gift from God.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Thankful to be HERE

Hello All! As I sit here watching my 2 year old pick his nose.....I realize how lucky am I to be sitting here with my boys right now. Although I often complain about very late showers and no time to eat, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm thankful that I can be here to do Tanner's exercises with him, take the extra time he needs to eat, and that I don't have to worry about what viruses they may bring home from daycare. I love that I get to teach Carter his numbers, alphabet, and shapes. It's something that I know I take for granted on a daily basis but that so many mothers AND fathers wish they could do. So, I'm thankful for the opportunity to be here for my boys.
Tanner took some time off of his OT routine when he was sick. He's back in the swing of things and doing better than ever! He's finally trying to push up on his hands rather than on his lower arms. Well, really it's just his right hand but it's a start!! I took a picture that kind of shows it but he was more on his way back down to his arms.

Tanner is also doing great in his excersaucer. He's actually reaching out for the toys.

We've also been working on sitting up a lot. I don't think he's anywhere near sitting on his own but he does fantastic with some support.

Other than working on sitting and pushing up on his hands, Tanner has perfected his roll. He's been rolling from belly to back for a few months now but he's taken it to a new level. Once he's sick of being on his belly he will roll to his back, mommy will put him back on his belly, and Tanner rolls right back to his back again. Over and over and over again. Now we just have to get him rolling to his belly:)
I wouldn't typically share this picture with you because I had just woken up but Tanner has the biggest smile.

We're pretty pumped up around here for Halloween. The boys wore there costumes around the house on Wednesday. I'm sure I'll have some great pictures to share Sunday or Monday. I hope you all have a safe and happy Halloween.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Great pictures!!! Tanner is so adorable, love his smile. Looks like he is doing really well and getting so much stronger. Thank you for the comment on Riley's blog. It has been one of those rough weeks and we just need to get through it. Riley gained 1 oz in 12 days, which is prompting the g-tube talks with the doctors. We have another weight check next week which hopefully will make up for the last one. We will see! Have fun on Halloween and a great weekend.

Kim said...

that picture of the 2 of you is adorable, i just love his smile!