The Tan Man

The Tan Man

Welcome to Thankful 4 Tanner

Hello all! And thank you for visiting our blog about our family and precious baby Tanner. Here you will always find up to date information about Tanner. I know sometimes it's hard to get ahold of us when you are wondering how Tanner is doing. So here we will post information we recieve at his doctor's appointments. We will always post Tanner's biweekly weight checks and overall growth. We'll post all of his accomplishments that seem to be coming daily. He's always trying something new. Thanks again for visiting and caring about our precious gift from God.

Friday, September 11, 2009

A long couple of days

Hello all, we're back home after a long couple of days. Most of you know that Tanner had a seizure Tuesday evening. I'll do my best to fill in the details here. Tanner had already been having some rapid eye blinking here and there a couple days prior to the seizure. I had decided to increase his Keppra gradually to get him back to the original prescribed dosage after being told to ween him off. Weening him off the keppra was obviously causing the eye blinking. So, he was still not back up to the full dosage on Tuesday.
So, Tuesday he had a weight check, 2 immunizations, and a flu shot. By the way Tanner weighed 11 pounds 4 ounces!!!!! Dr. Kathryn was pleased. So, anyway I gave Tanner his tylenol before his appointment like I always do to try to prevent a fever. This usually works well when we repeat the dosage every four hours. He was fine all afternoon but around dinner time started to have rapid eye blinks in clusters. His fever shot up to 102.4. I called the Neurologist on call and during that call Tanner took a 5 minute seizure and we called the ambulance. We had to go to Abington hospital where he started a tonic clonic seizure. The emergency seizure meds that we carry in our diaper bag was used because the nurses were having a hard time getting the IV in. But that medicine didn't stop the seizure. It took about 35 miutes to get the IV in to begin another medication to try to stop the seizure. Once they started these meds it took 4 doses of Adavan (sp?) to relax him. All together the seizure was almost an hour long. Tanner was transported to CHOP from there. He remained seizure free through his stay there and was indefinitely put back on his full dosage of Keppra. So ,we follow up with neurology the first week of October. Tanner is happy to be home and getting back to himself. He's smiley and giggly again.

Our other boys are back with us and we're all happy to be together again. Carter has a cold but is still a happy little boy. We're taking all precautions to keep Tanner from catching it. So far so good. We were going to take the boys to a drive in movie here in our township but the weather is pretty cruddy. We'll see. I have some really cute pictures for tomorrow. I hope all of you are well!!! Thanks for checking in on our Tanner.


mimi said...


Mimi is sooooo happy you are feeling better and back in your happy home. You are a joy to all of us. I love and miss you so much

Mimi xoxoxoxoxo

Hannah said...

I am so glad that Tanner is home and back to his old self. I pray that he never has a seizure again, scary moments for all.

lmi61281 said...

I am so happy that Tanner is home. He is such a strong little man. Let me know if you need guys need anything.


nona said...

OUR PRECIOUS BOY Glad your home and feeling better. Pop and I arew sad when you are sick xo

nona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Welcome home Tan Man! We have been praying for you and are so happy you are home and doing well. We love you- Aunt Kimmy & Uncle Scott

Lauren said...

Welcome Home, Tanner! He looks back to his sweet, smiley self in the picture. Hope that HE NEVER EVER has a seizure again.

Jacci said...

I am so glad that you are finally home and feeling better. Keep being strong. I love you. Love your Aunt Jacci