The Tan Man

The Tan Man

Welcome to Thankful 4 Tanner

Hello all! And thank you for visiting our blog about our family and precious baby Tanner. Here you will always find up to date information about Tanner. I know sometimes it's hard to get ahold of us when you are wondering how Tanner is doing. So here we will post information we recieve at his doctor's appointments. We will always post Tanner's biweekly weight checks and overall growth. We'll post all of his accomplishments that seem to be coming daily. He's always trying something new. Thanks again for visiting and caring about our precious gift from God.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Hello my friends! It seems as though lately my posts have started out with apologies for leaving weeks in between my updates. Yes, I'm going to do it again. I'm sorry!!!! We have a lot going around here. Wedding planning, doctor appointments, therapy appointments, and then just the usual daily activities and chores. Well, buckle up buddies, because I have a lot to share!!!!!
For starters, Justin and I booked the hall for our wedding. Our official date is August 20th. It's a Friday so we're having an evening wedding. The ceremony will be held right outside of the hall in a big grassy area. My dress has been ordered (paid for by my Mumma. Thanks Mom! I love you)as well as the bridesmaid's and flower girl's. We're working on the men's and boy's attire now. I've made a model table centerpiece and decided what our bouquets will look like. My father and his wife have arranged a photographer that they are friends with. We're still working on the caterer, DJ, and invitations. Those will soon be ready as well. Our save the date magnets should be here this week so I'll be getting those in the mail ASAP because August is going to come fast. Justin and I think it's important to get away with the kids once a year so the day after the wedding we are heading to Ocean City, NJ for a week. We're really looking forward to our wedding and beach trip.
Two weeks ago today Tanner had his last immunization of this series. He also had a weight check and gained 7 ounces!!!!! That's an ounce a day. This is by far his biggest weight gain. So, he weighed in at 13lbs 14 oz. Two ounces until he finally hits the big 14 that seems to have taken FOREVER!!!! I'm sure he's hit that by now but we don't go back to the pediatrician until the end of April. So, maybe he'll be close to 15 pounds by then. He's been gobbling up those solids so I'm sure that's helping.
We took a trip to my home town of good ol' Altoona, Pa last weekend for my niece's birthday party. I love getting to see my family because I don't get to see them nearly enough. Of course Tanner came down with a cold as soon as we got back though. Since the last week of January Tanner has been sick 75% of the time. He's still not 100% but he's on the mend. I'm hoping this is the end of cold season for him because it does effect his eating a lot. He has however been doing some new things. Like, switching objects from hand to hand. When he's on his belly he's been pulling his legs underneath of him and pushing his body forward. HUGE progress for the Tan Man!!!
Now onto the Easter celebrations. For weeks Justin and I had been discussing kittens for the boys. I know Tyler has wanted a dog for a long time but I just don't have time for walks and poop scooping right now. Carter seems to prefer kittens and cats. He's just in love with felines:) So, Tyler and Carter each got a kitten for Easter. They love them so much!!!!! They are brother and sister that we named Oliver and Olivia. We got them from a great organization called KAT. It's the Kitten Adoption Team. I was really impressed with the work that my new friend Diane puts into finding these kittens homes. She starts by rescuing them from pet shelters. Some of these kittens and cats have been abandoned and some even abused. Diane takes them into her home, takes them to the vet, and gets them healthy before finding loving families for them. Upon meeting her I was amazed at how much work she puts into this non profit organization. She is truly doing such a wonderful thing. If anybody is interested in adopting a kitten (or 2) from her, please email me and I will give you her contact info. The sooner she finds homes for the kittens she's housing the sooner she will be able to rescue more from the shelter.
Easter was nice. We had dinner with my mom, step dad, his sister and nephew here at our house Saturday and then went to Justin's parents yesterday for dinner. The kids got spoiled rotten as usual. We kept our Easter baskets simple because they got the kittens but they still ended up with a ton from the grandparents. Now for tons of pictures......
This Oliver and Olivia. Olivia is the lighter of the two. She is on the left in the first picture. Oliver is a black and grey Tabby. He is on the right. They are both very playful but at the end of the night Oliver is the cuddle bug and Olivia is still trying to play.



Tanner seems to be quite interested in the kittens and the feeling is mutual. Oliver especially is very curious about Tanner. Last night he climbed up and cuddled up to him and they fell asleep together. Soooooo Cute!!!




It has been established that Oliver is Tyler's kitten and Olivia is Carter's kitten. I didn't think Carter would pay much mind to this and would be all over both kittens. I was wrong though. He knows Olivia is HIS kitty and he shows her to everyone that walks through the door.
Tyler is very gentle with Oliver. I find him cuddled up with him on the couch quite often. It's so cute. I'll definitely get a picture of this. Of course my camera battery was dead when I grabbed it for this shot.
The boys had a lot of fun Easter morning. They of course had Easter baskets but I think they had the most fun with the Easter egg hunt in the front yard.





Tanner loves being outside so we've had him out there a lot with the nice weather.



The boys love the nice weather too. We've been getting them out doing fun stuff. Here they are being silly in thre car.
We have a lot coming up these next few months. Our next WHS gathering is April 17th in Lancaster at our good friend Lauren's house. We are sooo excited to see everyone again. Tanner's double eye surgery and orchiopexy surgeries are May 7th. In June we are planning on walking for the Easter seals "Walk With Me" as Team Tan Man again. We have the bi-annual WHS conference in Utah at the end of July. The wedding and vacation is August and then TEE IT UP FOR TANNER is planned for September 25th. WHeeeewww!!!!!! I'm tired just reading all of that. I'll start accepting red bull donations now:) I hope everyone had a great Easter. Much love to you all.

4 comments:

Kim said...

So cute- I love the pics of Tanner and the kitties, and the boys look so handsome in their Easter outfits. I'm glad we got to see you guys yesterday- can't wait for the wedding!

Kristy said...

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! Yeah for Tanner on the weight gain! The kittens are so cute, it looks like the boys are really excited to have them.

Hannah said...

Love all the new pictures. Looks like you had a great Easter. So happy the boys got their new pets. So excited to hear about all the new things Tanner is doing. Hopefully he will stay healthy from here on out and keep gaining weight. He is doing amazing. Can't wait to see you guys next week!

Kisses4Kaylee said...

Sounds like everyone had a great Easter-- those kittens are adorable! They remind me of a kitten I had years ago, affectionately named Tequila-- grey tabby and total sweetness. The picture of Tanner and the kitty sleeping together is absolutely precious! :-)

Looking forward to seeing you at Lauren's on the 17th; I cannot wait to hold Tanner again-- hooray on the weight gain! Keep it up, Tanner!