The Tan Man

The Tan Man

Welcome to Thankful 4 Tanner

Hello all! And thank you for visiting our blog about our family and precious baby Tanner. Here you will always find up to date information about Tanner. I know sometimes it's hard to get ahold of us when you are wondering how Tanner is doing. So here we will post information we recieve at his doctor's appointments. We will always post Tanner's biweekly weight checks and overall growth. We'll post all of his accomplishments that seem to be coming daily. He's always trying something new. Thanks again for visiting and caring about our precious gift from God.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Maybe I was wrong

I once published a post called "What I need" (you can see it HERE). It pretty much cursed the government for helping everyone but me. While I do have firm beliefs regarding the system and the way it's regulated, I've had a change of heart regarding how it effects us.
The point of this post is to admit I may have been wrong. I was so MAD when Tanner was denied for Social Security benefits. I didn't understand how honest hard working people like Justin and I couldn't get a little financial relief so that I could care for him, get him to his appointments and be there for his therapies. Although times have been tough I realize that there are people out there that need it far more than us. We are not withering away. Our kids have cute clothes that fit, entirely too many toys and they get to do fun things.
Since I wrote that last post I HAVE found some relief but in other ways and programs. I am so very thankful that Tanner's health insurance is totally covered!! His insurance also covers his home nursing that has allowed me to grow my cleaning business, contribute to our family financially and actually get me out of the house (even if it is cleaning:). Being able to bring some money in has done so much for me personally. Tanner also gets all of his monthly medical supplies delivered right to our door. That includes his formula. Tanner gets his therapy in our home 4 times a week until he turns 3. That is a huge help!
So, that's it! I just wanted to say that I am thankful for everything we get:)

No comments: