The Tan Man

The Tan Man

Welcome to Thankful 4 Tanner

Hello all! And thank you for visiting our blog about our family and precious baby Tanner. Here you will always find up to date information about Tanner. I know sometimes it's hard to get ahold of us when you are wondering how Tanner is doing. So here we will post information we recieve at his doctor's appointments. We will always post Tanner's biweekly weight checks and overall growth. We'll post all of his accomplishments that seem to be coming daily. He's always trying something new. Thanks again for visiting and caring about our precious gift from God.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We're Baaaaacckkk

Hello all of my blogging friends! The huge events that have sucked up all of our time and kept me from blogging are all over. Our wedding and Tee It Up For Tanner were absolutely PERFECT!!! I know about 2 months have gone by since I let you peek into our lives so obviously there are a ton of pictures to share and stories to tell from a WHS get together, wedding day, our beach trip, Carter's first day of preschool, Tanner's appointments and Tee It Up For Tanner.
I'll start with our main attraction Tanner and all of his updates. We returned to Tanner's ophthalmologist back in August and he even seemed overly pleased with his work on Tanner's eyes. There is no straying at all. No turning inward or outward. What a difference is all I can say. So, we don't have to see him for another year:) We like hearing that. Tanner also got a NEW OT who is amazing! She's helped so much already and she's only been with us since the beginning if August. She has me doing a brushing technique for body awareness and joint compressions. She's also given me a ton of ideas and resources for Tanner's teething. We've caught up with our nutritionist as well. So, now instead of counting ounces we're counting calories. That's fun;) He's not taking formula anymore and is strictly taking bottles of pediasure. He also has 3 meals of high calorie solids a day usually totaling about 11 or 12 ounces. He's eating quite well. Which brings me to our next issue. Tanner's gained a total of about 5 ounces in 2 months. I've been fighting the G-Tube thing for a long time. I've been back and forth between accepting it and then not. It makes me crazy!!! For a long time i just couldn't understand why they wanted him to have one. He eats!!! One of the main characteristics of WHS is slow weight gain. But after a heart to heart with our pediatrician she's starting to make sense. She said that Tanner's burning all of the calories he's taking in. Those calories and proteins go to the vital organs first, then the brain, and then to the weight gain. It scares me that his lack of weight gain could be hurting his mental development. It's holding him back physically as well. She thinks he should have a G-Tube for a consistent over night feed but we should keep feeding him orally throughout the day. I've had an appointment made with GI for a couple of months now to talk with them about all of this so that's not until November 8th. I also made an appointment with the geneticist just to get her take on it since she's seen other children with WHS. That appointment is November 29th so we have some to think about it. I also had that hernia checked out right below his sternum and for right now it's nothing to worry about. If it gets red or seems to bother Tanner then we'll take him back. I also called neurology today because Tanner's little seizures have been increasing so he's up to 3 mls of Keppra a day. I hope this helps. He's doing very well sitting and is bearing weight again since we've been using the stander. With a lot of hard work I know our boy will walk. He's starting to understand some words too. I taught him ball, flower, mirror, and tube. These are some of his favorite toys. When I ask him where the ball is while holding up 2 different toys he will get the ball. I'm so proud!!! Tanner is an amazing happy little boy.






I have so many pictures to share but it's now 12:04 am. Yes, I started this early this afternoon. This will have to be continued.........but at least you got your Tanner fix:)

3 comments:

babytony1210@yahoo.com said...

Hi Jess Tanner is to cute. I love the blog. You and your husband are amazing parents. I am glad to hear that he is doing so well. Your blog is beautiful and very well put. I was wondering if there is any way to give a donation for Tanner? If there is let me know I would love to contribute to help in anyway I can. Thanks Respectfully Tony

Kristy said...

I am so glad you are back. I have missed reading about Tanner. I am happy to hear that he is doing so great. Keep up all the good work Tan Man!!!:)

Hannah said...

Love all the updates. Riley was watching the videos with me and started talking back to Tanner in the last video. Can't wait to get these two together again. The wingbo will definitely work from the same place the other swing in attached to.